Jeromy French is a well-rounded Internet programmer with over twelve years experience developing and maintaining a wide variety of systems for government agencies, extremely large corporations, and small businesses. Jeromy’s specialties are working with business experts, designing technical and non-technical solutions to meet the needs of the business, crafting and implementing development processes, and leading teams to deliver software on time, on budget, and with high quality.
- 10/2012: Cleared for Secret information by US Department of State
- 1/2007: Cleared for Public Trust by NASA
9/2012 - present
US Department of State CASS Contract(SSCI)
Falls Church, VA
- Lead effort to convert legacy P/L SQL system into PHP
- Developed application GUI using Twitter's Bootstrap
- Programmed enterprise jQuery plugins
9/2011 - present
Falls Church, VA
- Converted enterprise timekeeping/workflow system from Adobe ColdFusion/MS SQL Server to Railo/PostgreSQL
- Migrated timekeeping system (Workstream) into cloud (on AWS/EC2 micro-instance)
- Provided ColdFusion, Railo, MS SQL Server, and MySQL consulting services
- Maintained existing applications in a remote-hosted environment
- Transitioned source control from Subversion to Git
12/2006 - 9/2012
NASA HITSS Contract(InDyne; Bastion Technologies)
Tech Lead, Senior Web Programmer
- Technical lead, principal developer for 1.0 (and subsequent) releases of the following NASA applications:
- Maintained the following NASA applications built by others:
- Administered contract source control tool "STACR" (provisioned new projects, awarded access on-demand, evangelized how to properly version code. etc).
- Conceived and developed a task-centric help solution that allows the user base (and system owners) to maintain system-specific help articles and frequently-asked questions.
- Conceived and developed an enterprise solution that facilitates code reuse and stores error event information for diagnosis and reporting purposes.
- Conceived and developed an add-on to the Fusebox framework that collects, organizes and tracks customer requirements and comments.
6/2000 - 12/2006
Tech Lead, Web Programmer
- Honored as 2005 employee of the year for Arlington office.
- Managed 5 person technical team responsible for 5 projects totaling $8M in annual revenue; 3 projects were for Fortune-100 accounts. Responsible for hiring, training and other management functions for team.
- Planned, developed, implemented and maintained web applications for corporate clients using ColdFusion (4.5-MX), SQL Server (7.0-2000), and Photoshop.
- Overhauled internal timekeeping system, which was later marketed, expanded and became company's core product.
- Created, developed, maintained online survey system (www.isaysurvey.com).
- Managed technical support process.
- Led $125K annual project to administer and analyze 9,600 surveys quarterly to Pepsi employees; saved $56K+ in first two quarters of project ownership (as compared to previous management).
7/1996 - 5/2000
- BA, Business Administration with concentration in Management Information Systems.
- Graduated Cum Laude (3.4 GPA).
- Scored in 98th percentile in National Standardized Business Test
- Honor Board (3.5 years; Chairman for 2 years)
- Resident assistant 3 years
- Honors Program
- Dean's List
- Board of Visitor's Finance Committee
- Dean's Advisory Committee
- Vice President for Academic Affairs Student Advisory Group
|SQL Server (MS SQL)||>10||2012|
|ColdFusion (4.5 - 10)||>10||2013|